How to make a delicious Italian Saffron Risotto dish?Course: MainCuisine: ItalianDifficulty: Medium
1 teaspoon Gozie Saffron threads
3 1/2 tablespoon salted butter
1 shallot, minced
50 ml white wine
3/4 cups Italian rice
3 1/2 cups vegetable broth
5 tablespoon Parmesan or Mozarella cheese, grated
- Add the saffron threads in a small bowl, grind them and add an ice cube to let it melt.
- In a saucepan over low heat, add half the butter and sauté the mince shallot for 3-4 minutes. Add a splash of vegetable oil to prevent the butter from burning.
- Pour in the rice and toast it with the shallots for 5 minutes.
- Pour in the white wine and let it evaporate and absorb entirely. Add the saffron water and let the rice cook for 15 minutes while adding vegetable broth as needed — keep the rice covered with broth at all times.
- Once the rice has softened, gained a silky texture and there’s no more noticeable broth, remove from heat and stir in the rest of the butter and the cheese.
- Garnish with a few extra saffron threads and serve immediately
- When cooking with Grana Padano or Parmesan cheese, you don’t need to add salt to your preparation. Just in case, using salted butter can give the dish the perfect saltiness.
- The secret behind the perfect risotto is stirring constantly while slowly adding the vegetable stock. You must let it evaporate and absorb. Then add another splash. This is the tricky part, but you’ll know when the risotto is ready when you see it.
- Risotto is the base for many other dishes. You can top yours with sautéed prawns for a more complete dish. Get creative here!
This post is also available in: Tiếng Việt (Vietnamese)