Kids love Ice Cream. But they might not like Saffron. So why not mix them together? Yip, I tried this and my kids fall in love with this brilliant ideas. Hence, I want to share this with you all.
How to make Saffron Ice Cream?Course: DessertCuisine: PersianDifficulty: Easy
2 tablespoons Gozie Saffron threads plus one ice cube
1 can sweetened condensed milk
2 tablespoons rose water
1 teaspoon ground cardamo
2 cups heavy cream
1/2 cup peeled pistachios
1/2 cup pomegranate seeds
- In a mortar or small bowl, grind the saffron strands into a fine powder.
- Add an ice cube to the saffron and let it melt.
- In a large mixing bowl, add the condensed milk, the saffron and water mixture, the rose water and the cardamom powder.
- Using a stand mixer, whisk the heavy cream, increasing the speed until soft peaks form.
- Gradually add the condensed milk mixture into the whipped cream without over-beating.
- Fold in half the pistachios and pomegranate seeds.
- Transfer the frothy mixture into a container, trying to keep it light and airy. Freeze for at least 3-4 hours or until solid.
- To serve, scoop the Persian saffron ice cream in bowls and top with extra pistachios and pomegranate seeds.
This post is also available in: Tiếng Việt (Vietnamese)